Share|

Suggestion about Clothing

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Voice Actor
Hapo

Okay so here's something we need to talk about: outfits!

It always puzzled me that Northwest, for example, would be in her full parka on Canada Day in July. Or that Manitoba would wear a winter hat indoors. (Or that Canadians in general would wear shoes in someone's house haha).

This is going to be a real challenge for artists in consistency and distinction in their art but I think it's a necessary one- both in the interest of the project and personal development. If you can make a character look like themselves in an unusual outfit, that's outstanding!! Very Happy

Anyway I thought it would be a great idea to think about different outfits in different situations where they become relevant, on a case-by-case basis. Artists can draw references for clothing, or people who aren't so inclined to drawing could make references on polyvore or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hapo57.deviantart.com/
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

We were actually thinking about that! We like the idea of the character having a varied wardrobe! And it would also be pretty cool. I think people would easily reconise the characters by their voice or haircut so I don't think people are going to be confused to much (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://project-canada.skyforum.net

Definitely in support of this! Every character should have a more flexible wardrobe. This is also something that I've noticed in the main canon Hetalia fanart - no, I don't think the characters would be wearing military uniforms while casually hanging out, pfft xD

I myself wear a hoodie in pretty much all weather though, so...

Anyhow, the thing you mentioned about art piqued my curiosity - are we all going to be following a distinct style, or will episodes drawn by different artists have different art styles?
Back to top Go down
Voice Actor
Hapo

Personally I think different art styles are the best. IAMP kind of was meant to have a style analogous to Himaruya's in the Canada Eh episodes, and sometimes we would be asked to use different styles (one project was supposed to have Rose of Versailles inspired art, I asked Ina if I could do 1950s-60s cartoons for HtDaC, etc) but that's not really possible for all artists who are at different levels and are learning different things.

For me, I've had a long struggle with trying to leave behind the "generic anime style" because that's what teachers and classmates pressured me into doing... and as a result it's very difficult for me to do now. @n@; It doesn't mean it's wrong or bad, of course, and I wish I had just treated it as another style instead of the bane of my existence because then maybe I wouldn't struggle so much haha. Everyone should draw what they are comfortable with, and they should also have the freedom to try new things. I am all about safe places for artistic development and experimentation yeahhh.

As an artist myself I am extremely supportive of trying out different styles and not trying to imitate one. We are not an animation studio, we are a fan project and our art should reflect the diversity of our fans. I don't think we need to push for one distinct style, frankly. We should allow all our artists to try different things in their own time, as long as their art is consistent enough within the scene they are doing and the audience can understand what is happening. Those are my thoughts on the matter. ;w;

i guess this was a very long way of saying 'heck yeah different styles' but I think you get the point. ;w;
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hapo57.deviantart.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Suggestion about Clothing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1