Share|

A question regarding SCRIPTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage
Voice Actor
Drasil

Hey all of the worker bees in the Project Canada Hive! (Sorry if that doesn't make sense) I'm seeing all this excitement on the "I am New Brunswick" topic, and it seems like everyone is getting together to work on starting the script and the preparations for the video. I'm just wondering what format we will be typing the scripts in. Are we going to have a word document that will be passed back and forth? Or will we have something like a Google Document where anyone added in can look at the script? Or will it be directly on the forum itself?

Or is there a special magic trick someone has up their sleeve that would make script writing more efficient?

In my opinion, Google Docs would be a nice option, since the owner of the document can allow people to edit or comment. I think allowing any contributor, script writer or not, to read the script and make suggestions would be greatly beneficial to the final product. The more eyes that see the script, the more well written it will be, and the more interesting it will be.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, I'm not the best at finding the small details.

That's all ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

I didn't know about google doc, but I like the idea of using it. The link to it should be shared in the script section, that only VA, artists and writers can see the topics of. If we're not using google doc, the script should be shared on the topic for the episode, still under the script section.

And for the efficent part, we're still trying to figure something out that would make writting super easy and fast :s
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://project-canada.skyforum.net
Voice Actor
Hapo

I've used google docs for many school projects and would definitely recommend it. c:

I'm not a strong creative writer and I've never written collaboratively like this so I'm not positive on what would make things run the smoothest for everyone... I'm worried we might end up having 'too many cooks in the kitchen' so to speak later on, but I also definitely agree that there should be as many eyes as possible to make the script the best it can be. It's a tough one!

I think it will get much easier as the writers begin to know one another and familiarize each other with their writing styles. Maybe as an exercise it would be nice if the writers practice collaborating in short drabbles between working on episodes? Just tiny paragraphs or dialogues, nothing too overwhelming!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hapo57.deviantart.com/
Voice Actor
Drasil

Maybe a little exercise for the writers could be to write a limerick or a free verse type thing in a province's perspective. Limericks are always fun to write and they're nice ways to see how some people interpret provinces and how some people string words together.

We could give the writers one province they all write about and then have them compare each others poem and understand what kind of voice every individual writer has for that province.

It wouldn't be like a mandatory assignment or anything, but more like something anyone of the script writers could do if they have the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
A question regarding SCRIPTS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1