Share|

2P!Ontario: Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could help me. I made an Ask Ontario account several months ago, and I have still yet to answer any of the questions. One of the reasons was because I made it right before my robotics season got super busy, so I didn't have any time to answer questions. The other reason was because I couldn't figure out an answer for the first question. At the time I only had the one question to answer, and I didn't know how to do so. Since my robotics season has just ended, I now have time to answer the question, well more like questions because I just found out yesterday that someone else asked me one in December. Shows how long it's been since I was last one, eh? Anyway, the question that I was stuck on was, "What is 2P!Ontario like?" So I need some help figuring out what he would be like. When it comes to 2P characters, I don't think they are just really murderous, I like to think that 2P characters just have the opposite personality of their 1P self. Could anyone please help me with this? It would be greatly appreciated. This person has been waiting since last October for their question to be answered, and I feel like a really horrible person for not being able to answer it. Here's the link if you want it. http://ask-iamp-ontario.deviantart.com/ And if someone could tell me who drew my profile picture on my Ask Ontario account, that would be great because I can't remember who drew it, and I would like to be able to credit them. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
A place to stand, a place to grow, Ontari-ari-ari-oooo
Illustrator
AsterFlame

Hi! 'Fraid I can't be of help with the characterization bit because creative writing has never been a strength of mine, but there are a ton of useful resources out there on the internet that has advice and tips to help you build fleshed-out characters. Google (and Tumblr??) are your friends  Wink  (And I don't there's a necessity to make 2P characters murderous - your character is your character, no? You should be able to make 2P!Ontario as you like. Besides, as you said, the idea behind 2Ps was to make the original characters be opposites of what we know them as. So lots of room there for your own interpretation.)

As for the profile picture, it was done by Misharoyuki on Deviantart [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thank you so much for your advise and feedback! I won't be making 2P!Ontario murderous, because that doesn't really seem to be in his character. And thanks for telling me who drew the profile picture, it's was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure out who drew it.
Back to top Go down
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

Well, when it comes to the subject of 2P you seems to know the basics: they are the opposite of the 1P. People tend to make the 2Ps crazy violent psychopaths, which doesn't even follow the definition of a 2P mentionned before. Hence why I think most 2Ps are very poorly done, which also explain why a lot of people don't like them.

For making a good 2P, I think the best way would be to take the main features (good and bad) of the charater and find their antonyms.

Here's an example with England (which I think is one of the worst 2P):
1P is manered, rational, bossy, annoyed, grumpy, bad at cooking, and also not open about his feelings.

Searching for the antonym, you would get the following:
2P is unmanered, irrational, modest, pleased, cheerful, good at cooking and very open about his feelings.

As you can see, there is nothing that could let a crazy muderous psycho come out of this.

Following this pattern, you can easily get the 2P of any character, here's what I got for Oliver:
1P is super bossy, hardworking, ambitious, stubborn, proud, shut in and as a very big ego.

2P is super modest, lazy, indifferent, flexible, humble, outsider and as a low self-esteem.

As for the design, that little description gives you a good indication; as much as 1P is dressed like a fashion disaster, 2P would probably look like a slob, since he would not care for his appearence as much as 1P.

Hope this helps (:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://project-canada.skyforum.net

Thank you so much! This is really helpful! I am so happy that I found someone who has the same idea as I when it comes to 2Ps! I will start to make 2P!Ontario now with those ideas. Do you have any ideas on what 2P!Ontario's character relations with 1P!Ontario would be like?
Back to top Go down
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

Well, their relation would probably be the domination of one over the other. Since 1P as a lot of leadership, meaning that 2P doesn't, it would mean that 1P would be dominant over his 2P, and could pretty much get him to follow him or do basically anything.

They would have common interest, like hockey or baseball, because some things never change, even with 2Ps, only the relation to it does. So since 1P is such a big fan of the leaf, 2P would be a big fan of the Senators or the Blue Jays, but they would both like all the teams, just to a different level, so they would probably be able to get along fairly well.

That's all I can think of right now, hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://project-canada.skyforum.net

This helps me a lot! I will now start putting the character together! Thanks again!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
2P!Ontario: Help!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1