Share|

2P Project Adanac

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage

Hi, guys!  (I'm actually not a new member, but I got preoccupied with my personnal life and missed the New Year's deadline.  Oops!) It's a little awkward being the first one to post in here, but I've never had any shame, and I'm not about to start now!  So here we go!

An idea I think would make for a great episode is actually inspired from my sister u/LaurMidori!  What would happen if the provinces met their 2P counterparts through an accidental, but odd event?  It would be entertaining to see opposite versions of the cast we love, and we could also use pre-existing Canadian history and skew it in the parallels' universe.  (Ex. Perhaps 2P!Quebec was never abandoned by 2P!France, but secretly longed to be together with England and adapt an English culture?  I'll admit I'm more of a creative, mad genius than a history buff.)

This would simultaneously put the characters in a unique situation that could cause hilarious reactions, but also possibly some uncomfortable ones of how they could have ended up becoming if history had been rewritten.

I think it could make for a really great story concept, what do you think?  ^^
Back to top Go down
(Lower Peninsula) Michigan, United States
Voice Actor
RubySapph

Hey! While I'm in a rush and I'll give feedback on the idea later, before posting in other sections, please take the time to do your presentation. A link to the board can be found here (x)
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gay-stripe.tumblr.com
Voice Actor
Hapo

We've discussed the possibility of having a 2p episode before, and the admins are still shaky on it for a few reasons.

First of all, we haven't really established the characters we do have. There is a lot of potential development to go that I personally feel the concept of 2p takes away from
Secondly, we would have to come up with and agree on canon designs for all thirteen characters, which is a lot of work for us that again could be spent on making our current characters complicated, interesting and three dimensional. And then people will expect nyo designs, neko designs and mochi designs... etc etc.
I think the idea of alternate history is interesting for sure, but I would rather focus right now on giving a good sense of our actual current history first.

But yeah my personal feelings on 2p and the admins' caution aside, it depends who is interested in working on this and what efforts we can spare. I'm not shutting down the idea, I'm just trying to explain why we're not totally jumping at it right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hapo57.deviantart.com/
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

Wowowowowow slow down Hapo
Before we even get this conversation started, go do your introduction like Ruby told you to do.

I am locking this topic until you do THEN we can talk about this 2P thing.

EDIT: Topic unlocked ~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://project-canada.skyforum.net
I live in the true north, strong and free, CANADA, and in the fabulous province of ONTARIO
Script Writer
Mkaniamlover

2p idea sounds cool, but a lot of work would be required, but ITS POSSIBLE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

Hapo wrote:
We've discussed the possibility of having a 2p episode before, and the admins are still shaky on it for a few reasons.

First of all, we haven't really established the characters we do have. There is a lot of potential development to go that I personally feel the concept of 2p takes away from
Secondly, we would have to come up with and agree on canon designs for all thirteen characters, which is a lot of work for us that again could be spent on making our current characters complicated, interesting and three dimensional. And then people will expect nyo designs, neko designs and mochi designs... etc etc.
I think the idea of alternate history is interesting for sure, but I would rather focus right now on giving a good sense of our actual current history first.

But yeah my personal feelings on 2p and the admins' caution aside, it depends who is interested in working on this and what efforts we can spare. I'm not shutting down the idea, I'm just trying to explain why we're not totally jumping at it right now.

Well said. Just like I've said times and times again: we need to focus on what we have now, make it good and work on it, then when this are more settled, we can start talking alternatives to spice things up.

If we ever get there, I'd be happy to help work on the official 2P design and characters (to make sure we don't get any of that psycopath bullshit that I've seen way to much with 2P's)
Back to top Go down
Voice Actor
RubySapph

Alright, you did your presentation and I have some free time on my hands, now I can share my thoughts. Nice.
'Adanac' seems weird to pronounce and read, so I'll just say '2p Project Canada' instead. While doing 2ps might be something we can do eventually, as of the moment, it might be too much of an effort to create actual official 2p characters. However, fans are always free to try to interpret what they think 2p designs should look and act like.
I know that should 1p/2p characters meet, they'll either be worst enemies or just be casual with each other. It really depends on the nature of the character, I suppose. I find relationships interesting, though Hapo probably gets more historical than I do when establishing relationships.
Bent history sounds interesting, although I'm not entirely sure if it would cause confusion over what's canon and what isn't. For now, it might be best to get an established history for our characters based on real events.
Making official 2p characters would also mean filling thirteen or fourteen voice-acting spots (not counting understudies!), because there would need to be a voice difference between 1p and 2p characters that's noticeable enough to not be confusing, should 1p/2p characters ever meet in an episode. Right now, I think 2ps are definitely interesting! But we might need to wait until we have a more solid crew and when we can assure that we'll get quick responses to voice acting calls. Should we ever be able to put forth the effort, though, it might be something to think of for the future.
YES I agree wholeheartedly. Seeing 2ps as violent with no other outlying traits is something that really, really needs to have an end put to it. Static characters are basically the worst enemy of about anyone.
If you're interested in seeing the work of others and what 2p designs I've seen from the fandom, somebody sent me their own view of a 2p!Québec design. If you want to, you can view it here.
Back to top Go down

Well, Adanac is Canada written backwards. There's actually a town called Adanac in Saskatchewan - so if you read it the right way around, it would literally be called 'Canada, Saskatchewan'! XD!

So are 2P's basically what the opposite of the normal characters would be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brolumbiaalbrash.wix.com/sabrinagardiner
Voice Actor
RubySapph

Yeah, I know it was supposed to be 'Canada' spelt backwards. I'm just saying that it looks like a weird sort of word to pronounce.
2p characters are necessarily that, yeah. Personality-wise, at least. They have traits that are completely different from whoever they're the 2p of, but could look physically about the same. It just depends, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Administrator ♚
DaZeli

Here's the definition of what a 2P is:

"2p! stands for 'Player Two', referencing the usual color change in palette colors when a second player is added in a multiplayer mode of any videogame (I.e. if two people wanted to play the same character in a videogame, sometimes that game will swap the colors of the second character, for a visual reference. Hence the term '!2P'.) The Player-Two cast of hetalia are alternate designs of the original cast." (x)

They aren't exactly the polar opposite of the original character, but are pretty close to it. They're basically a different interpretation of the character and it's personnality.
Back to top Go down

So would 2P British Columbia be a junk-loving chubby girl rather than the outdoors enthusiast she's supposed to be? Or 2P Nova Scotia hates drinking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brolumbiaalbrash.wix.com/sabrinagardiner

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
2P Project Adanac
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1