Share|

Hogwarts Houses

View previous topic View next topic Go down
AuthorMessage

Headcanon:

Back to top Go down

I think the well-behaved provinces (like BC, NB and Yukon) would belong to Gryffindor and the badly-behaved ones (like Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec) would belong to Slytherin because in the books and movies Slytherin was the 'bad' team and Gryffindor was the 'good' team which Harry, Ron and Hermione belonged to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brolumbiaalbrash.wix.com/sabrinagardiner
(Lower Peninsula) Michigan, United States
Voice Actor
RubySapph

Personally, I have to say that Slytherin isn't all bad. They're cunning, ambitious, and clever. This is typically associated with negative connotations, but some of my best friends are Slytherins! There's really nothing so bad about our lil slithery Slytherin buds after all.
I can agree with most of the houses you've chosen, Clock, which is pretty cool! Manitoba seems more like he'd be a Hufflepuff to me, personally. He's a grump at times, but not too bad of a grump. He can be a good guy. Yukon I also see as a Gryffindor, mostly because she's definitely got the spirit and bravery of one, the way I see it.
Québec definitely seems the Slytherin type more than anything which I can definitely agree on. Definitely in the same boat with you in not knowing whether Ontario would be Ravenclaw or Slytherin, though, haha. Ontario's probably got bits of all four houses in his personality with none of the four being overly-prominent. What characters were really hard to decide/figure out? I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gay-stripe.tumblr.com

Yes, yes, I see what you guys mean. With the Slytherin thing, we're actually pretty cool at least as far as I go, all my friends are Hufflepuffs and Gryffindors (weird, I know right. Opposites attract, I guess.).

Probably the hardest to choose were Ontario, Quebec, and the territories.

I've just now realized that I've left out New Brunswick! I think she'd most likely be a Hufflepuff.
Back to top Go down
(Lower Peninsula) Michigan, United States
Voice Actor
RubySapph

I happen to be a Hufflepuff! I'm always going to be defending my house to the death, haha. I've heard so many people say that it's the boring house, but I just...can't agree with that. Hufflepuff is awesome.
I can understand those five giving you trouble, yeah. Ontario probably is more of a riddle to me than anybody else. He's the type of guy that has a whoooole lot of layers, definitely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gay-stripe.tumblr.com

It seems like Hufflepuff and Slytherin are always the 'boring' and 'evil' houses. I always just defend all my small Hufflepuff friends (they're literally my tiniest and most adorable friends but I'm really tall so...) like, "Shhh, shhh. Stop. My tiny loyal friend here needs to leave. Now. So do I. Good bye." Hufflepuffs are literally my favourite people ever.

Yes, they were a heap of trouble. Like if I were to go really deep into Ontario's personality it would just be way too complex, so I went with the more obvious choices. It was still a pretty tough choice.
Back to top Go down
Voice Actor
Nanxi

Omg yaaaas I live for HP-AU headcanons ;w;

Here are some of my thoughts for a few of the provinces & territories:

Ontario:

Quebec:

Yikes, I've written so much! Well, those are the two I feel most strongly about. I won't go into that much depth, but here are the few others to wrap it up:

NWT - Gryffindor. She may seem sweet and kind and motherly and all, but I see this kind of unflappable nature in her that is suited to her climate and lifestyle. There's just something about the way she kind of casually owns hunting rifles (more or less confirmed if not implied in the IAMP-verse). Lol I don't know very much about NWT but this is the impression I get from her. (However, I like the possibility of her being a Hufflepuff because the thought of a Hufflepuff possessing firearms amuses me to no end)

Yukon - Slytherin. She comes off as introverted, independent, and outdoorsy to me since her population is generally more isolated, but also smart and opportunistic (gold rush, anyone?) and more mischievous compared to the others. I think she's well suited to be a Slytherin.

Manitoba - Hufflepuff. I like to think of him as a great big softie on the inside :DD

On a side note, I can sooo picture Oliver making prefect and then Head Boy of his house later on just to prove how great he is huehuehue. Meanwhile, Jean doesn't become prefect of his house('cause he doesn't really care) and Oliver rubs his prefect status in Jean's face all throughout 5th and 6th year as proof of his "superiority" over Jean (which irritates the heck out of him because Oliver is super annoying about it, not because he actually cares). Then, in 7th year, when Oliver bounces over to Jean with his shiny new Head Boy badge to lord his elevated status over him even more and basically tell him how he'll always be better than Jean and that Jean will never match up to him ever, jEAN JUST SMUGLY PULLS OUT HIS VERY OWN HEAD BOY BADGE THAT EVEN HE WAS SURPRISED BY and Oliver's jaw hits the ground and he never gets to live this moment down henceforth.

... Yeah, I spend wayyy too much time thinking about HP AUs. I just love them so so much >3<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Voice Actor
Hapo

YES i absolutely agree 100% with Nancie's arguments especially for Ontario like THAT IS ME THATS MEEE
I always feel that both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff (both houses I sympathize with but I think when it comes down to it I'm more of a Ravenclaw) are houses that get totally shafted and ignored a lot and I totally see Ollie as someone who really takes pride in his organizational skills and his intelligence. Although he's someone who abides by the rules, he also has a more manipulative side and often ends up making the rules to favour him. He's a complex guy. 

And 100% yes absolutely to Slytherin!Quebec arguments- it's too simple to just say that slytherins are just jerks for the heck of it. I mean, how would you feel to work hard to win the house cup at the end of the year only to have it snatched out from under you by another house at the last minute? And especially all the historical negative connotations, that weighs pretty heavy on you. But Slytherin is a house of people who are really tightly knit and look out for each other in spite of/because of that, just how Quebec historically formed a powerful voting block from the onset of confederation against the more scattered and indecisive Ontario.

I'm the sort of person who feels that you can make a good argument for almost any character in any house and I'm open to lots of arguments but I guess I have my own thoughts and tendencies about it too I guess? but I'm flexible so yeah xDD

Alberta of course strikes me as a slytherin because ambition and independence is his primary drive and strength. Obviously he is very money minded but a lot of that comes out of his desire to break out the things that have been holding him down: namely that eastern canada looked at him and his bros as property/children historically rather than independent. He also has a fierce sense of loyalty as well and does a lot of brave (if stupid) things... he's also a very traditional person who values hard work and straight talk, and he may not look it but even though he's not smart in an academic sense he's also someone who can talk his way out of a lot of situations with loopholes, so there's room for him in any of the houses as I say. It's mostly a matter of asking "which of these values is most important" and for me ambition strikes me about him first. 

ALSO related note: i found this really cool RP site that seems to be totally inactive now, but it's got a great GREAT background to a Canadian School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Check it out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hapo57.deviantart.com/

I see your point, Nanxi. With Quebec being in the 'black sheep house', I never actually thought of that. Interesting. With Manitoba being a Hufflepuff, that's actually the most adorable thing ever.

The whole ambition thing with Alberta is something considered for a moment. But seriously (or should I say Sirius-ly), he just strikes me as the type of guy who would do a lot of stuff based on showing how brave he can be. For him, Gryffindor qualities show through the most to me. But that's just my opinion. Each character has they're own qualities that could really make them fit into any house so it can always be tricky.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down
Hogwarts Houses
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1